HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and supports projects to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in 31 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides emergency relief for victims of natural disasters and armed conflict worldwide and supports the welfare and social work of the Reformed Churches in Eastern Europe and in the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and the integration of refugees and socially disadvantaged People.
HEKS/EPER Romania Foundation was registered in December 2015. The Foundation’s mission is to support people from Romania who need social and economic help. Our projects address the marginalized and vulnerable groups of Romanian society. To implement them, we work with various non-governmental partner organizations in the country. HEKS/EPER is currently scaling up its country project portfolio, looking at identifying long-term solutions for Social Afterschool Programs and better inclusion in the labor market for the people/youth coming from vulnerable communities.
At the same time, HEKS/EPER is developing projects in Romania related to the consequences of the war in Ukraine. The HEKS/EPER office in Romania is also developing a humanitarian aid branch that allows the implementation of humanitarian projects in different countries financed by the European instrument ECHO.
HEKS/EPER is looking for a strong candidate to fulfil the position of:
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION DIRECTOR, 100%
Your main responsibilities:
Oversee the overall functioning of the budgetary and financial system, especially:
- Supervise or help prepare budgets and financial reporting according to the needs for the projects implemented in Romania and worldwide;
- Ensure that the Country Office and the partners meet all financial deadlines;
- Ensure the preparation of documentation and good implementation of audits whenever necessary, as well as the implementation of the audit recommendation;
- Support the partner organizations with all their questions regarding financial and administrative management. Provide training and ongoing technical assistance to the partner organizations in the development of effective and reliable financial management systems.
Oversee the overall functioning of the accounting system and cash flow, especially:
- Support the ongoing internalization of the accounting system;
- Define and implement the appropriate accounting software;
- Define accounting procedures and rules that will meet the requirements of Romanian accounting, HEKS/EPER requirements, and the accounting requirements for institutional donors;
- Monitoring of cash flow between HQ, country office and partners.
Oversee the overall HR functioning of the office, especially:
- Coordinate between the different HEKS/EPER financial teams;
- Train team members and partner organizations on all relevant topics.
- University degree at master’s level in finance or accounting;
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in a similar senior finance function;
- Experience in working in an NGO and in the ECHO compliance rules is a plus;
- Proven ability for accounting, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, and monitoring;
- Familiar with human resource matters;
- Proven capability to provide support, guidance, and training;
- Previous work experience in monitoring and generating financial reports for internationally funded projects;
- Excellent communication skills and conversational command in English;
- Ability to work in complex environments and to ensure that deadlines are met by internal and external stakeholders (good prioritization and time management skills);
- Ability to ensure that internal and external stakeholders understand and duly follow HEKS/EPER’s procedures and guidelines;
- Excellent computer skills (particularly MS Office and accounting software);
- Excellent team player and social capabilities;
- Available for local/national and international travel;
- Professional, cooperative, efficient, and effective working attitude.
- An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic international context
- Duty station Cluj, Romania
- A competitive salary package
- A one-year contract renewable
- Starting date: 1st of December or earlier
Are you interested? We are looking forward to your complete application documents (CV, cover letter) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be October 31, 2022. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. HEKS/EPER reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline. For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website www.heks-eper.ro