HEKS/EPER Romania Foundation is a Non-Profit Organization active worldwide and present in the city of Cluj since 2015. The mission of the Foundation is to assist marginalized people and vulnerable groups of society in Romania and abroad – Particularly in the areas of development cooperation and emergency assistance.
As part of the expansion of its Humanitarian Aid activities, HEKS/EPER Romania is actively looking for his/her new:
FINANCE OFFICER, Humanitarian Aid, Romania, 100%
Your main responsibilities:
Budgetary and Financial Monitoring:
- Oversee the financial operations of all projects of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
Training and Compliance Management:
- Ensure adequate training & Capacity building to the field on HEKS-EPER institutional polices and Donors Procedures.
- Support the Administrative Coordinator in formulating financial reports, budgets for new projects and carrying out audits.
- Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, review, and integration of the accounting.
- Verify the accounting files and archives before they are sent to coordination office.
- Prepare and maintain donor agreements and staff contracts.
- Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represents HEKS-EPER upon request and/or by order.
- Supervise the sending of administrative files to the Central Office (in Zurich) as well as to the respective field offices worldwide.
- Ensure administrative and financial reports are sent in line with preestablished administrative calendar.
- Oversee adherence to donor administrative procedures.
Professional diploma or University Degree and professional experience of at least 4 years ideally with an NGO.
Rigor and reliability, outstanding sense of organization and for coordination; excellent interpersonal skills; good management of priorities and pressure to meet often conflicting deadlines. Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
Good written/spoken command of Romanian, French (B2) and English (C1) are mandatory. Spanish is an asset. Proficiency in Windows and Office tools (Word and Excel in particular).
- A national position with a duty station in our office in Cluj, Romania with occasional field visits.
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world.
- An interesting and challenging position with flexible working condition.
- Fixed-term contract of one year, renewable.
Are you interested? Please send your complete application documents in English or French (CV, cover letter and certificates) at email@example.com. Only online applications will be considered.
For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/.