HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid, supports projects designed to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in over 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides worldwide humanitarian assistance for victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts and supports the Church’s diaconal work in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and causes of refugees and socially disadvantaged people. Through its development and social policy work in the fields of climate justice, access to land and food, migration, and integration, HEKS/EPER strives for systemic change – globally and in Switzerland.
You are an all-rounder with several years of experience in an administrative position. You have sound administrative knowledge in international cooperation or in an international environment and are used to serving as a contact person for various teams and departments. You enjoy working with minimal supervision and have a high level of expertise in IT applications.
In line with our ambition to decentralize our workforce, we are looking for an experienced, service-oriented administration professional that can support the Global Cooperation Central Services team per 1 January 2023 as:
Administrator Global Cooperation, 80% – 100% (local position in one of the following HEKS/EPER Offices: Cluj, Zürich or Lausanne)
Your main responsibilities:
- As part of the central services team, you actively contribute to the smooth operation of the Global Cooperation Division
- You support the preparation of project proposals to the executive board and manage the technical approval of projects
- You manage data, documents, and addresses in the ERP system and support the payment and receipt management processes
- You assist in the preparation of contracts, reports, and accounts for internal use or as preparation of funding requests to external donors
- Pushing forward and promoting the digitalization and process optimization
- Composing, supplementing, revising texts, selecting suitable images and layout content for news publications on the intranet and social media
To be successful you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration
- Several years of professional experience in an administrative hub function, preferably in international cooperation or an international environment
- Excellent oral and written language skills in English and French are required, knowledge of German, Spanish and Portuguese is an advantage
- Very good knowledge of the Office programmes, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Productive in a remote working environment with a reliable internet connection is vital
- You are a fast learner, think in a networked way, and like to work independently, efficiently, and solution-oriented
- You have a high degree of flexibility and resilience in dealing with changing priorities, some flexibility regarding working hours, different contacts, and the complexity of tasks
- You are a team player with good communication skills, also interculturally
What you can expect from us:
- A local position in a remote, international working team
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world
- An interesting and challenging position with scope for design
- Location: Working from one of the global HEKS/EPER Country offices
Would you like to join the HEKS/EPER team? We are looking forward to your complete application documents in English (CV, cover letter, and certificates). Only online applications will be considered. The closing date for applications will be 30 November 2022.
Ms. Janine Udogu, Team leader of Administration or Petra Rietzler are at your disposal for further information: Janine.Udogu@heks.ch and Petra.Rietzler@heks.ch.
For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website https://en.heks.ch/.