Job announcement: ACCOUNTANT
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Long professional
experience (minimum of three years) in a similar position. University degree
and experience working in NGO is a plus.
- Familiar with human
- Proven ability for accounting,
analysis and monitoring.
- Excellent knowledge of
the relevant national accounting standards.
- Proven capability to
provide support, guidance and training to internal and external stakeholders.
Minimum skills and capabilities:
- Good analytical and conceptual skills.
- Good communication skills and conversational command in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work in complex environments and to ensure that deadlines are met by internal and external stakeholders (good prioritization and time management skills).
- Ability to ensure that internal and external stakeholders understand and duly follow HEKS/EPER’s procedures and guidelines.
- Good computer skills (particularly MS Office and accounting SAGA software).
- Diligent and trustworthy person with appropriate attention to details.
- Excellent team player and social capabilities.
- Good knowledge of relevant local laws and obligations (labour, tax, social security, etc.).
- Available for short time local/national travel.
- Professional, cooperative, efficient and effective working attitude.
- Checking and booking the
accounting documents into the accounting software (SAGA).
- Maintaining a complete
and structured electronical and physical documentation and filing system,
- Ensuring compliance with
all local legal requirements and obligations.
- Ensuring the preparation
of accounting documentation for the monthly, quarterly, yearly closure and audit.
- Upholding good
relationships with all HEKS/EPER’s partner organisations (PO) and stakeholders.
- Supporting the partner
organisations with all their questions regarding accounting and administrative matters.
- Ensuring that the
Country Office (CO) and the partners meet all deadlines – otherwise reminding
- Ensuring the internal
procuring for the CO.
- Ensuring the proper use
and maintenance of HO equipment and office supplies, bringing any problems to
the attention of the Country Director.
- Ensuring that
HEKS-EPER’s capital assets inventory information is recorded.
About the organization
HEKS/EPER Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and has its headquarters in Zurich/Switzerland. HEKS/EPER works towards a more humane and more equitable world, assisting people and communities irrespective of their religion to overcome economic, social or humanitarian disparities in order to gain autonomy and to live with dignity. Therefore, HEKS/EPER engages in development cooperation, humanitarian aid.
HEKS/EPER Romania Foundation was registered in December 2015.The Foundation’s mission is to support people from Romania who need social and economic help. Our projects address the marginalized and vulnerable groups of the Romanian society and abroad (Ukraine). To implement them, we work with various non-governmental partner organizations from the country. HEKS/EPER is currently scaling up its country project portfolio, looking at identifying long term solutions for Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid projects.
HEKS/EPER is looking for an experienced Accountant who will join the Financial Department of HEKS/EPER Romania Foundation. Duty station of the assignment is Cluj-Napoca, Romania. Initial contract is for one year with possibility of prolongation on undetermined period.